About the Families and Communities Fund
The Scottish Government’s Families and Communities Fund will run from April 2020 to March 2023, with up to £16m being available annually.
The funding is targeted at registered Scottish charities (that are also incorporated) which deliver work of national significance in Scotland.
The fund will support the delivery of activities which contribute to improved outcomes for children, young people and their families through:
- Delivery of prevention and early intervention
- Providing parenting and family support
- Supporting development of and maintaining positive healthy relationships
- Contributing to positive and sustained support for children and young people to achieve their potential under the Getting it right for every child wellbeing indicators (safe, healthy, achieving, nurtured, active, respected, responsible, included)
- Preventing adverse childhood experiences and providing trauma-informed support to people affected.
The Families and Communities Fund will also support Community Learning and Development (CLD) through:
- Prevention and early intervention through youth work and adult learning and community capacity building
- Support to, and delivery of, lifelong, lifewide, learner-centred adult learning
- Using asset-based approaches to work with young people, adult learners or with communities to plan and co-design learning or capacity building opportunities
All applications must show a direct link to at least one National Outcome in Scotland’s National Performance Framework. The five National Outcomes that are most relevant to this fund are:
- We grow up loved, safe and respected so that we realise our full potential
- We live in communities that are inclusive, empowered, resilient and safe
- We are well educated, skilled and able to contribute to society
- We respect, protect and fulfil human rights and live free from discrimination and
- We tackle poverty by sharing opportunities, wealth and power more equally
***The fund is now closed to new applications.***
Update 23 December 2019 – As a result of the delay to the UK Budget because of the UK election, and the knock on delay to the Scottish Budget, the Scottish Government has as yet been unable to make the announcement of which applicants will receive funding through the Families and Communities Fund. All applicants were sent an email letting them know this.
As soon as further information relating to the timing of the fund becomes available, this will be shared with all applicants via email.
***The fund is now closed to new applications.***
The key document that you should read to find out more about the fund is the criteria and guidance document which will help you understand the focus of the fund.
All applications must be sent to us using the online application form. You will also need to attach a budget breakdown to your application form.
These other documents are here to help you develop your application if you decide you would like to apply:
If you require any specialist assistance in completing your application form, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also find it helpful to have a look at the Q&A section below.
The closing date for applications was 2pm on 24th September 2019. Any applications received after this time will not be accepted.
While our information sessions have now passed there is still lots of support available. One of our two webinar sessions was recorded and is available online here.
Any questions that we are asked about the fund that aren’t easily answered through existing information will be recorded and the answers shared on our website. Everyone will have access to the answers to all the questions we are asked at the information sessions or by email or phone.
If you have a specific question about the fund you can email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
The past dates of our information sessions were:
We have developed a list of the additional questions we have been asked about the fund from 6th to 28th June. This includes any questions we were asked at the information sessions or by email or phone. You can access the additional Q&A here.
Additional questions gathered between 11th to 31st July can be found here.
- Getting it right for every child wellbeing indicators (GIRFEC)
- Scotland’s National Performance Framework.
Information Sessions (now passed)
- Glasgow on Tuesday 18th June at 1.30pm.
- Dundee on Monday 24th June at 1.30pm.
- Edinburgh on Wednesday 26th June at 1.30pm.
- Webinar on Thursday 27th June at 2.00pm.
- Webinar on Thursday 18th July at 1030am.
Application Guidance Documents
- Additional Q&As 6 June – 10 July
- Additional Q&As 11-31 July
- Recorded Webinar.
- Criteria and guidance document.
- Application guidance notes that explain what we are looking for in every section of the application form.
- Word template of the online form.
- Hints and tips to help you complete your online application.
- Online application form.
- Budget breakdown.