The Travelling Showpeople Fund
This fund is now closed to applications.
The Travelling Showpeople Fund has been established to offer one-off grants of £10,000 to support travelling show people in Scotland whose work and income has been negatively affected by COVID 19.
The Fund is open to travelling show people who have a registered address in Scotland and who normally earn at least 50% of their annual income through their work attending established funfairs. The following questions will be asked in the application form and used for assessment:
- Is operating as a travelling show person is your primary source of income?
- Are you are a current operating member of a recognised trade body (e.g. Scottish Showmen’s Guild)?
- Can you list at least five funfairs in Scotland you have attended in the last two years?
- Were you planning to be operational in 2020?
If you are successful in your application you will be offered a one-off grant of £10,000. The exception to this will be if you have already received some level of grant support related to COVID 19. In these instances an adjustment will be made to your grant to account for funding you have already received.
To apply for a grant, please complete the online application by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page. The form asks a series of simple questions which are designed to establish your eligibility for a grant.
At the end of the application form you will be asked to attach a copy of a recent bank statement (a photo or .pdf). This statement should be dated within the last two years and should contain evidence of transactions related to your business.
You will also have the option to attach other supporting material such as:
- A copy of a business insurance certificate,
- A copy of any recent marketing materials
- Any evidence of bookings for 2020
- Any ADIPS certificates for fun fair rides and equipment dated 2019 or 2020
- HGV Road Tax Certificate (Showing Showman’s Goods or Showman’s HGV)
It may help you to have this ready to attach when you start the form.
The fund is delivered by Corra Foundation on behalf of The Scottish Government.