How can Henry Duncan Grants best evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of Scotland’s voluntary sector?
Corra Foundation is committed to being the best grant maker we can be. As part of this commitment, Corra has carried out a full review of Henry Duncan Grants. This meant hearing your feedback on the systems and processes as well as the criteria related to Henry Duncan Grants.
To inform the review of Henry Duncan Grants (HDG), Corra Foundation carried out a series of focus groups across Scotland. This review gathered the views of a wide audience of people working in Scotland’s voluntary sector. This included charities which are current Henry Duncan Grant holders, those which have had a grant through HDG in the past, and charities which had not previously applied to HDG. Corra Foundation also ran an online survey to gather responses from those who could not attend the consultations. Together they also explored the wider needs and opportunities within communities to help shape future approaches to grant making.
Henry Duncan Grant focus groups
Arrivo Consulting supported the delivery of focus groups. These took place in six locations.
Focus Groups were held in:
- Stranraer on Wednesday, 26 June at 11.15 at Stranraer Baptist Church, Bellevilla Road, Stranraer, DG9 8ED. This focus group too place at the ‘Funding and Volunteer Market’ Roadshow delivered by Third Sector Dumfries and Galloway.
- Glasgow on Thursday 20 June at 10.30 at the Albany Centre (Dewar Room) 44 Ashley St, Glasgow G3 6DS
- Buckhaven on Tuesday 18th June at 10.30 at Buckhaven Community Centre, (small hall) Kinnear Street, Buckhaven, Fife KY8 1BH
- Edinburgh on Wednesday 5 June at 1.30 at EVOC (the Board room) 525 Ferry Rd, Edinburgh EH5 2FF
- West Dunbartonshire on Tuesday, 4 June at 1.30 and 2.30 at CVS’s Third Sector Conference and Networking event, at The Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, Clydebank, G81 4SA
Highlands and Islands – online focus groups
Our online Highlands and the Island focus groups are now over.
Past Online Focus Groups for organisations based in the Highlands and the Islands were held on:
- Wednesday 12th June at 11.00
- Thursday 20th June at 11.00