Corra Foundation in partnership with Comic Relief are welcoming applications from community groups, organisations and charities for the latest round of #ShiftThePower Scotland Comic Relief Fund. #ShiftThePower supports organisations with passionate people to make meaningful change in their communities.
Up to £20,000 is available to grassroots organisations and charities with an income of £250,000 or less, whose work fits one of two strategic themes:
- Children Survive and Thrive
Supporting children to survive and thrive during the first years of life (0-5 years old) through targeted work and opportunities for children and families facing disadvantage.
- Mental Health Matters
Supporting people with mental health issues or challenges to share their stories, live free from stigma and discrimination, and build positive relationships and experiences.
The Children Survive and Thrive strand will fund organisations supporting children at risk of, or experiencing, disadvantage. Examples of this could include supporting parents, carers and communities, ideas that test new ways of supporting pre-school children or support for staff/volunteer training in early years settings.
The Mental Health Matters strand will prioritise organisations that have a focus on mental health issues alongside preventative approaches that support people before mental health issues escalate. For example, the funding could be used to improve support networks or accessibility or relevance of services for people experiencing, or at risk of, poor mental health, especially those from marginalised groups.
The fund is seeking applications that demonstrate how the money will support people and increase the reach, capacity or quality of an organisation’s work or how it will support new ideas or approaches. It is open to applications from January 17 2022 and will close at 12pm on March 8 2022.
The team at Corra is encouraging groups to get in touch to discuss their ideas before sending an application. You can contact the #ShiftThePower team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0131 444 4020.
More information, the full criteria and application can be found at www.corra.scot/grants/
For further information please contact: Ffyona Taylor (Policy & Communications Manager) at email@example.com
Notes to Editor
- #ShiftThePower Scotland Comic Relief Fund is delivered by Corra Foundation working as an intermediary partner with Comic Relief in Scotland.
- Corra Foundation exists to make a difference to the lives of people and communities. It works with others to encourage positive change, opportunity, fairness and growth of aspirations which improve quality of life. Corra wants to see a society in which people create positive change and enjoy fulfilling lives.
In 2020 Corra launched a ten-year strategy. It is long term because making a different on the big challenges will take time. At its heart is the strong belief that when people find their voice, they unlock the power to make change happen. You can read the full strategy here: https://www.corra.scot/corra-strategy-2020-2030/
- Corra has over 35 years’ experience as one of Scotland’s leading grant-makers, distributing more than £159m through nearly 16,000 grants to charities.
- For more information on Corra Foundation, please visit www.corra.scot