Children, Young People and Families Early Intervention Fund and Adult Learning and Empowering Communities Fund
Please note this fund is closed to new applications. In December 2022, Scottish Government made the decision to extend CYPFEIF & ALEC provision by 3 months from April’23 – June’23.
Corra Foundation is working in partnership with the Scottish Government to administer and manage the Children, Young People and Families Early Intervention Fund and Adult Learning and Empowering Communities Fund (CYPFEIF & ALEC Fund). Funding awards were split between core funding and project funding.
The key components of the CYPFEI Fund are:
- Promote the GIRFEC wellbeing indicators and the implementation of the UNCRC.
- Delivery of prevention and early intervention activities.
- Improving parenting capacity and family support.
The primary objectives of the ALEC fund are:
- Prevention and Early Intervention through adult learning and community capacity building.
- Supporting the delivery of lifelong, learner-centred adult learning as outlined in the Adult Learning in Scotland Statement of Ambition.
- Using asset based approaches to work with adult learners or with communities to plan and co-design learning or capacity building opportunities.
The work supported through the CYPFEIF and ALEC Fund aligns with Scottish Government priorities across nine different policy areas:
- Parenting, Play and Family Support
- Early Learning and Childcare
- Looked After Children
- Children’s rights and well-being
- Child protection
- Child Health
- Adult Learning and Empowering Communities
- Youth work
- Gender based violence
Core funding awards were first announced by the Scottish Government in December 2015, with £14 million allocated to third sector organisations as the first year, 2016/17, of a three year programme. In March 2018 Scottish Government announced that the CYPFEIF & ALEC Fund would be extended for one year to 31st March 2020. In April 2020, an announcement was made that the fund would be extended another year till end March 2021, due to the unprecedented challenges faced by the third sector as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. In October 2020, a further announcement was made that due to these ongoing challenges this fund would continue until the end of March 2022. Subsequent to the publication of Scottish Government’s Programme for Government in 2021, a further announcement was made in December 2021 that this fund would now continue until the end of March 2023.
List of grant recipients and award amounts 2019/20
List of grant recipients and award amounts 2020/21
List of grant recipients and award amounts 2021/22
List of grant recipients and award amounts 2022/23
Working in partnership with the Scottish Government, Corra Foundation administer the CYPFEIF and ALEC Fund and support the funded organisations with the delivery of their work. To ensure links between on the ground practice and policy developments all core funded organisations have a lead policy contact within the Scottish Government or Education Scotland.
For further questions, please see our FAQs or contact us at email@example.com.
Scottish Government commissioned the following evaluation reports:
A baseline was commissioned in 2016 to enable evaluation of the Fund.
An evaluation of the CYPFEIF & ALEC Fund was published in November 2019.
Every 12 months Corra Foundation invites the core funded organisations to provide feedback on their experiences of the administration, communication and support offered as part of the CYPFEIF & ALEC Fund. The following reports provide an overview of the feedback received each year:
Support and Engagement Programme
Corra’s Support and Engagement Programme is exclusively for grantholders and Scottish Government policy officers working on the CYPFEIF & ALEC Fund. It includes:
- learning and development workshops;
- networking and learning exchange sessions;
- 1-2-1 organisational support;
- information and resource sharing;
- an annual conference.
For all resources and recordings from past events including our annual conferences, click here.
Resources from events
Through our Support and Engagement programme, which includes workshops, networking events and an annual conference, we produce and gather a wealth of useful resources on a variety of topics. These include presentations, videos and links to useful reading, and are all free to use.
Newsletter & Blogs
Every quarter, we produce a newsletter with updates about the fund, news from the Scottish Government and funded organisations.
Click here for an archive of all our CYPFEIF & ALEC newsletters
Other support to Third Sector organisations
- Association of Chief Officers of Scottish Voluntary Organisations (ACOSVO)
- Bold Marketing
- Business Gateway
- Community Enterprise
- Cranfield Trust
- Directory of Social Change
- Education Scotland
- Evaluation Support Scotland
- Forth Sector Development
- Highlands & Islands Social Enterprise Zone
- Iconic Consulting
- Inspire 2 Enterprise
- Inspiring Impact
- Institute of Fundraising Scotland
- Just Enterprise
- Scottish Community Development Centre
- SCVO (The Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations)
- Social Enterprise Academy
- Wren and Greyhound / The Lasting Difference
Thirty organisations aiming to improve the lives of children, young people and families in Scotland were awarded project funding. These projects were delivered between April 2017 and March 2019. To view the full list of organisations which received Project Funding through the CYPFEIF & ALEC Project Fund 2017-19 click here.
The Project Funding focussed on the following four key areas of early intervention and prevention:
- Promoting parenting and family skills as set out in the National Parenting Strategy.
- Contributing to reducing the attainment gap through early/family learning and out of school approaches.
- Improving life chances for looked after children.
- Improving the safety of children and young people.
For further information about the Project Fund please contact the Corra Foundation’s CYPFEIF & ALEC fund team: firstname.lastname@example.org.