The second round of the Challenge Fund closed to applications on 17 December 2019.
Corra Foundation administers the Challenge Fund on behalf of the Scottish Government.
This fund aims to:
- Provide space to re-think the system (or parts of the system)
- Test change Implement new ways of working.
Its principle aim is to support partners to shift to more preventative approaches. Work will be focused on helping break down barriers for people accessing services for support with their alcohol and/or drug use, making sure they receive the right support at the right time.
It provides an opportunity for Integrated Authorities (IAs) and/or Alcohol and Drug Partnerships (ADPs) and their partners to bid for money to test or implement change. Applications from consortia are welcome.
The fund is designed to support activities and approaches that contribute to making systemic changes to support people who use alcohol and drugs. This fund has two strands, ‘Getting ready for Change’ and ‘Implementing Change’.
The first round of the fund closed to applications in February 2019. 25 grants went to organisations including charities, Alcohol and Drug Partnerships and Health Boards across Scotland.
Applications to the Challenge Fund were asked to identify with one of the priority areas:
Getting Ready for Change:
- Developing an understanding of how an Alcohol and Drug Partnership (ADP) and partners contribute to providing healthier and safer environments.
- Engaging communities in democratic approaches to preventing harm.
- Supporting children, young people, parents and families.
- Wider determinants of health and wellbeing that influence alcohol and drug use.
- Implementing systemic change that supports a recovery-oriented approach which reduces harms and prevents deaths.
- Implementing systemic change that results in people having improved access to and benefitting from effective, integrated, person-centred support to achieve their recovery.
- Implementing systemic change that supports children and families affected by alcohol and drug that improves their safety, health, inclusion and support.